List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Is Konqueror still a live project?
From:       Nowardev-Team <nowardev () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-08-17 10:56:41

well , in my daily usage i have seen this :

firefox renders better webpages :

 it's a standard for web browsing , this is an average opinion , i
mean there are website where firefox doesn't work well , instead
chromium and konqueror do.

chromium, is integrated better in kde , for example if you use menubar
, firefox it's a nightmare.   chromium is very very heavy on ram usage

rekonq : it's something that is in the middle it's lighter but it
lacks of a lots of stuff and it doesn't render well pages , bank
websites etc, so i don't use it .

i prefer qupzilla instead of rekonq at least there are user script
support ... that means a lots for me ... => http://www.qupzilla.com/

finally my love konqueror , LOL i like it even if it has problems ,
and btw my italian bank support konqueror  so i use it just for that
:D

i did even a service menu for it , kde service menu video dl , based
on youtube-dl and lsof method for those website that are not handled
by youtube-dl

so i should say i use :

konqueror for my bank , and to grab flash files or youtube videos
firefox for daily use
chromium for some google services
qupzilla for fun and to test someting of different from koqnueror