Thanks for your feedback Sune. I will try to improve our survey as soon as possible. Regards, Rodrigo. 2014-08-12 11:29 GMT-03:00 Sune Vuorela : > On 2014-08-12, Rodrigo Bonifacio wrote: >> Dear kevin, I am conducting a survey about the use of exception >> handling constructs in C++. I would really appreciate if you could >> contribute to this research by answering a few questions on the >> subject. >> >> The survey is available on-line: >> >> https://pt.surveymonkey.com/s/exceptionHandling > > The survey misses options. > > The main reason why I don't use exceptions and recommend people to stay > away from exceptions is that exceptions in c++ is hard. You very easily > leak resources. There is no possibility to have compiler-checks that > specific exceptions are handled (think java's checked exceptions). > You can only emulate a try-finally thing with raii-structs, but that's > more bulky. > And c++-exceptions don't have stacktrace information. > > I develop stuff at work sometimes in java, sometimes in c++ (often with > Qt) and enjoy using exceptions in java just as much as I avoid using > them in c++. > > /Sune > > >>> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe << >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<