List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE e.V. member
From:       Myriam Schweingruber <myriam () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-06-29 15:20:50

Hi Heena,

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 11:53 PM, Heena Mahour <heena393@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> As I was going through [1] I would be glad to apply for KDE e.V. membership
> and continue contributing to KDE . Would the members whom I have worked with
> would like to suggest and vote for the same :) .
> Regarding my contribution, I have been involved with KDE
> [1]http://ev.kde.org/getinvolved/members.php

Well, that is not exactly the way to do it, did you really read the
link you were provided? Usually people do not suggest themselves, but
are suggested to join, and the mentor will then ask you to fill the
questionnaire. So you better get in touch with people you worked with
in private, instead of asking on a public mailing list.

One of the requirements is a sustained contribution to KDE over a
certain period, last I remember it is at least 2 years. And by
"sustained contribution" usually this means people who contribute
quite regularly, not just during SoK and GSoC.

Hope this helps...

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org