On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 9:21 PM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol@kde.org> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 4:17 AM, Percy Camilo Triveño Aucahuasi <percy.camilo.ta@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 2:17 PM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol@kde.org> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 8:46 PM, Jeremy Whiting <jpwhiting@kde.org> wrote:
Aleix, All,

In looking at what needs to be done to prepare libkdeedu for porting
to kf5 and qt5 and what needs doing to split (or maybe just repurpose
it as libkeduvocdocument + data ?) as per
http://community.kde.org/KDEEdu/RouteToKF5 I took a look at the icons
folder.

The users of the icons there are mostly kmplot, but also analitza.  My
question is where should these icons go? Can/should we move them into
some general purpose icons repository (kde-artwork or something?) or
should they move into analitza git repo (only if kmplot depends on
analitza already I think). Or somewhere else entirely?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hi,
kmplot doesn't use analitza and never will, what we are proposing is khipu, a new project, as a replacement.

That said, I'd say the best could be to get a kde-math-icons repository or similar? Is there another case of a repository with only icons? Maybe oxygen? (even though the icons are not oxygen per se...)
Anybody has an opinion?

Aleix

PS: Adding kde-devel because I can see this happening on other modules as well and I think we want a way do decide these things.

We could move those artifacts into something like libkdeedu-math-data or as Aleix said: kde-math-icons. In any case, I think a dedicated repository for this kind of content (related with kde math applications) is a good idea.

Percy

It still sounds quite weird that we have a repo for all artwork in KDE except for some and then one with the mathematical icons as if they were something that special.

The other option could be to put the icons into oxygen, of course after those icons get some love from oxygen team :p

Percy