Hi, libstudxml is an XML library for modern, standard C++. It has an API that I believe should have already been in Boost or even in the C++ standard library. The API was first presented at the C++Now 2014 conference. Based on the positive feedback and encouragement I received during the talk, I've decided to make the implementation generally available. As an example, we can parse this XML: John Doe 23 male With the following C++ code, which performs all the validation necessary for this XML vocabulary: enum class gender {...}; ifstream ifs (argv[1]); parser p (ifs, argv[1]); p.next_expect (parser::start_element, "person", content::complex); long id = p.attribute ("id"); string n = p.element ("name"); short a = p.element ("age"); gender g = p.element ("gender"); p.next_expect (parser::end_element); // person The API has the following interesting features: * Streaming pull parser and streaming serializer * Two-level API: minimum overhead low-level & more convenient high-level * Content model-aware (empty, simple, complex, mixed) * Whitespace processing based on content model * Validation based on content model * Validation of missing/extra attributes * Validation of unexpected events (elements, etc) * Data extraction to value types * Attribute map with extended lifetime (high-level API) libstudxml is compact, external dependency-free, and reasonably efficient. The XML parser is a conforming, non-validating XML 1.0 implementation that is based on tested and proven code. The library is released under the MIT license. More information, documentation, and source code are available from: http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/libstudxml/ Or, you can jump directly to the API description with examples: http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/libstudxml/doc/intro.xhtml#2 Enjoy, Boris >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<