List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Who are our users?
From:       Benedict Yappy <yappy.benedict () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-04-25 9:53:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

A word about tablets are for users, and computers are for creators.

The tablet is a handheld computer, and they actually include phone and
phablets. I guess it'll be more helpful to call them handhelds and
desktops.

About Ubuntu's move to mobile system, with the RAM in handhelds soon
reaching 4GB, what is the chance of KDE (loading Qt and other dependencies,
without Xwin) to run in Android or Tizen? They have Linux kernel anyways.
I'm thinking of Desktop mode, where pointing device and full size keyboard
peripherals can be connected to tablets with HDMI out display.
If this picture is to take place, it'll be harder to distinguish who KDE
users are.

I'm drooling for ability to use KMyMoney in Android to sync and record
daily expenses easily, for instance.