List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Baloo - [Basic Settings]
From:       Michael Pyne <mpyne () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-04-23 21:54:07

On Wed, April 23, 2014 22:43:19 mk-lists@email.de wrote:
> Hi Vishesh,
>
> On 23 Apr 2014, at 11:44 , Vishesh Handa <me@vhanda.in> wrote:
> > [1] http://community.kde.org/Baloo/Configuration
>
> is there a reason why this page isn't linked on
> http://community.kde.org/Baloo yet?
>

> BTW, what is the meaning of "[$e]" and "[$]" in the respective "exclude
> folders" and "folders" keys of baloo's user configuration file? (Sorry if
> asking this seems perhaps greenhornish, but I am not an expert regarding
> KDE's config-files, which is why I have to ask.)

[$e] is used to expand environment variables. It is used for path-based config
entries so that things like /home/kde-src/.kde/share/config/foorc are turned
into ~/.kde/share/config/foorc. This allows for better portability of config
files across systems if you have to transfer your data.

I'm not sure about [$]. There are other possibilities for a KConfig file
besides [$e] but I don't think [$] is one of them.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne