List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Baloo Indexer and options
From:       Michael Jansen <kde () michael-jansen ! biz>
Date:       2014-04-21 22:14:22

On Monday 21 April 2014 16:44:33 Nathan Bradshaw wrote:
> yes it can. remove $home and it is turned off. also, Vishesh has already
> said in this thread that he will re-add an enable/disable button to the
> kcm. stating that it can't be turned off is dishonest. Vishesh is writing
> code and releasing it under a free software license, you are trying to
> badger him on him a mailing list to force your opinion on him. That is
> arrogant, rude, demotivating, non-contributing and whole slew of other
> negative stuff
>

> On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 4:34 PM, Lindsay Mathieson <
>
> lindsay.mathieson@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 04:25:31 PM Nathan Bradshaw wrote:
> > > Vishesh described a perfectly legitimate approach and you're hounding
> > > him
> > > because your particular corner case was not considered as important as
> >
> > what
> >
> > > is considered the common use cases. The feature is on by default, can be
> > > turned off through the UI,

But for those of us (like me) who require whitelisting its either no baloo or
to much of it. I already said that i need to be sure it does not index some
stuff i have. Absolutely sure.

With the blacklisting approach i can't be. Which means i shouldn't use it at
all. Which i can't because its not optional at all. if you ever want corporate
users i tell you that is a big problem.

--
Michael Jansen
http://michael-jansen.biz