List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Baloo Indexer and options
From:       Thom Castermans <thom.castermans () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-04-21 20:12:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Op dinsdag 22 april 2014 05:52:24 schreef Lindsay Mathieson:
> Poeple aren't asking for features - they are asking for features to be
> removed that were forced on them.
>
> With regards to whitelisting they are asking for a useful feature to be
> restored that was was deliberately removed, with no consultation.

Fair enough: Vishesh tried some new ideas he had about the file indexing and a
lot of people (at least on this list, me included by the way) think that those
ideas were not good, or at least can be improved upon. Still, I believe that
that can be discussed without insulting a developer who put so much time and
effort in realising his ideas - or one can at least try :-)

I'm just trying to say that there is a difference between /asking/ for a
feature (to be removed/restored) and /demanding/ a feature (to be
removed/restored).