List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: meinproc4 on Mac, KLocale (was Re: What to test for 4.13?)
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2014-04-21 17:33:50

Hi again (back from some holidays),

Ian Wadham ha scritto:
> On 19/04/2014, at 7:52 PM, Thomas Lübking wrote:

> > > That is undoubtedly worth doing, but might not solve the whole problem.
> > > See my reply to Luigi.  Briefly, this is where the crash was in the only
> > > backtrace we have ever had. There might be other crash-points.
> > That will then expose and be fixable =)
>
> True. But the MacPorts people will not welcome further meinproc4 crashes.

That's unfortunate. I understand the issue from the long ignored bug, it was
also an really unfortunate incident, but how can we solve the bug without
fixing the only known offender and trying again? Even the solution about a
"catch only"

> > Of course altering the build script to not fail but write a \
> > "foobar.docbook.failed" warning (that ideally contains a coredump) would be a \
> > workaround to harden the process.
>
> So that is doable, then?  I do not know how to go about it, being self-taught in \
> C++ and not an expert on KDE, Qt and CMake.  Can you help, Thomas?

I would need some help too for this.

> > (i've no insight into docbook creation - i google anyway ;-)
>
> Well, that is news to me. I never knew before that all the KDE Handbooks are
> on the web now. What about translations?

Burkhard pointed out the website; docbook publishing on docs.kde.org is done
by weekly scripts.

Ciao
--
Luigi