List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: meinproc4 on Mac, KLocale (was Re: What to test for 4.13?)
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2014-04-21 17:33:50

Hi again (back from some holidays),

Ian Wadham ha scritto:
> On 19/04/2014, at 7:52 PM, Thomas Lübking wrote:

> > > That is undoubtedly worth doing, but might not solve the whole \
> > > problem. See my reply to Luigi.  Briefly, this is where the crash was \
> > > in the only backtrace we have ever had. There might be other \
> > > crash-points.
> > That will then expose and be fixable =)
>
> True. But the MacPorts people will not welcome further meinproc4 crashes.

That's unfortunate. I understand the issue from the long ignored bug, it \
was also an really unfortunate incident, but how can we solve the bug \
without fixing the only known offender and trying again? Even the solution \
about a "catch only"

> > Of course altering the build script to not fail but write a \
> > "foobar.docbook.failed" warning (that ideally contains a coredump) \
> > would be a workaround to harden the process.
>
> So that is doable, then?  I do not know how to go about it, being \
> self-taught in C++ and not an expert on KDE, Qt and CMake.  Can you help, \
> Thomas?

I would need some help too for this.

> > (i've no insight into docbook creation - i google anyway ;-)
>
> Well, that is news to me. I never knew before that all the KDE Handbooks \
> are on the web now. What about translations?

Burkhard pointed out the website; docbook publishing on docs.kde.org is \
done by weekly scripts.

Ciao
--
Luigi