List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: meinproc4 on Mac, KLocale (was Re: What to test for =?iso-8859-1?Q?4.13=3F)?=
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-04-17 18:58:56

On Donnerstag, 17. April 2014 20:32:17 CEST, Luigi Toscano wrote:
> Ian Wadham ha scritto:
>
> > Sorry it has been such a while since you wrote.  A lot of water has
> > flowed under the bridge since then, but this issue is still of the utmost
> > importance to MacPorts.  See:
> >
> > https://trac.macports.org/wiki/KDEProblems/KDETickets ...
>
> Thanks for looking into it, just to question here:
> - did you try to just disable that line? It's certainly less "breaking" than
> try to rewrite a tool where locale support have been rewritten
> in KF5.

If removing the KLocale() constructor avoids it, i'm fairly sure it will be the bogus \
CFStringGetLength call, so to me it would seem more reasonable to protect \
convert_CFString_to_QString

kdelibs/kdecore/kernel/kkernel_mac.cpp
-----------

QString convert_CFString_to_QString(CFStringRef str) {
+    if (str == NULL) {
+        return QString();
+    }

eventually print a warning (while i've no idea what this condition implies, like eg. \
a broken setup. It could be a bug in CFStringRef or CFLocaleGetValue or either isn't \
re-entrant or whatever)

And no, forking the application seems the worst option (remeber Ian, you'd have to \
maintain that fork ;-)

Cheers,
Thomas