Ian Wadham ha scritto: > Hello Thomas and Luigi, > = > Sorry it has been such a while since you wrote. A lot of water has > flowed under the bridge since then, but this issue is still of the utmost > importance to MacPorts. See: > = > https://trac.macports.org/wiki/KDEProblems/KDETickets > = > On 21/03/2014, at 11:52 PM, Thomas L=FCbking wrote: >> On Freitag, 21. M=E4rz 2014 08:24:06 CEST, Ian Wadham wrote: >> >>> That call to KGlobal::locale(); seems an odd one, KDE guys. That funct= ion is supposed to >>> return a locale (KLocale *), but here it is executed as a procedure, ig= noring the return >>> result. I can only conclude that the code is being executed for its si= de-effects: >> >> It will likely be to call protected KLocale::initInstance(), eventually = to intantiate it from the main thread for sure. >> >> Not sure if it's required at all - look at the date of the commit! >> >> commit 693da1d1df4876d7c898f3035beead76288872d5 >> Author: Stephan Kulow <......@kde.org> >> Date: Fri Jul 6 15:19:46 2001 +0000 >> >> update to docbook-xsl 1.40 >> >> [....] >> >> - KGlobal::locale()->setMainCatalogue("kio_help"); >> + KLocale::setMainCatalogue("kio_help"); >> KInstance ins("meinproc"); >> + KGlobal::locale(); >> >> [=85.] > = > I hesitate to touch even one line of code from Stephan, one of the all-ti= me greats > of KDE, but I think that is what I am going to have to do. I wrote to Al= bert Astals Cid, > to find out if meinproc4_simple could do the job of producing KDE Handboo= ks on > MacPorts and Apple OS X, but it can not: it does not include compression. > = > The best solution IMHO will be something like meinproc4_simple. It would= bypass > all the legacy code and just process command-lines of the form: > = > meinproc4 [--check] [--cache] /index.cache.bz2 /index.docbook > = > which is what CMake's kde4_create_handbook() macro boils down to in the e= nd. > = > The alternatives would be to re-work the mainline code of meinproc4 OR to= try > and investigate these intermittent crashes across the four versions of Ap= ple OS X > and three Mac hardware architectures supported by MacPorts. The crashes = affect > some people's Apple machines but not others --- and not mine, for example. Thanks for looking into it, just to question here: - did you try to just disable that line? It's certainly less "breaking" than try to rewrite a tool where locale support have been rewritten in KF5. On t= he other side, if the call to that Mac system functions produces some issues, = it could potentially affect even newer applications (I haven't checked how Qt5 implements locale support). - would it be possible to create such a map (combination of arch/SO where it crashes)? It "just" need a machine where the crash can be reproduced with a debug bui= ld and the debugger. > That way, all the CMake stuff can stay the same as it is now. The stripp= ed-down > meinproc4 would issue a warning message if it is given command-line synta= x it > cannot handle, but would NOT crash the whole build. > = > I think the best way might be to start off the code with something like: > = > #ifndef Q_OS_MAC > #define MEINPROC4_FULL > #endif Again, you just need to pass the language, if you disable that crashing lin= e. No need to "fork" the application just for MacOSX. Ciao -- = Luigi >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscrib= e <<