List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Disabling baloo-integration possible?
From:       mk-lists () email ! de
Date:       2014-04-09 22:32:10

On 10 Apr 2014, at 00:18 , Albert Astals Cid <aacid@kde.org> wrote:
> Again not Baloo guy here, but as far as I know you can't disable "Baloo",=
 what =

> Vishesh told you is how to disable it's file indexer (baloofile), but if =
you =

> use KMail it(akonadi_baloo_indexer) will still index your emails into the =

> Baloo database, and may be other baloo_stuff (not aware of others existin=
g) =

> running.

Oh=85 No, one would perhaps not use KMail on OSX, because its Mail.app is s=
ufficient for most stuff, although it also has some shortcomings.

So, I wonder what baloo would be doing on OSX to get its hands into the use=
r=92s emails=85 =

	I hope Vishesh can clarify this!

Sure one doesn=92t want to see any collisions between OSX=92 Spotlight inde=
xer on one side and baloo on the other.

As I pointed out: I would like to tell baloo - if I am after all forced to =
install it anyways - that it should sleep and do NOTHING.

Greets,
Marko