List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Disabling baloo-integration possible?
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-04-09 22:18:56

El Dijous, 10 d'abril de 2014, a les 00:12:55, mk-lists@email.de va escriure:
> Hi again,
>
> On 09 Apr 2014, at 23:53 , Frank Reininghaus <frank78ac@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> > I think that there are many KDE apps which do not require Baloo at all.
>
> I could imagine that too.
>
> > I'm not sure if there is a full list somewhere, but you can
> > always build KDE modules and watch for any Baloo-related output from
> > CMake. If there is none, then everything will most likely work fine
> > without Baloo.
>
> OK, perhaps we could think about introducing baloo as an opt-in port variant
> which would only be installed if the user specifically asks for it. But
> that - of course - could cause a lot of stress during port maintenance.
>
> I guess it is better to install baloo and simply disable it. This case
> should be handled safely by all baloo-dependent KDE applications.

Again not Baloo guy here, but as far as I know you can't disable "Baloo", what
Vishesh told you is how to disable it's file indexer (baloofile), but if you
use KMail it(akonadi_baloo_indexer) will still index your emails into the
Baloo database, and may be other baloo_stuff (not aware of others existing)
running.

Vishesh/Dan/someone feel free to correct me.

Cheers,
  Albert