List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Systems Settings - Desktop Search
From:       Pablo Sanchez <pablo () blueoakdb ! com>
Date:       2014-03-30 21:44:45

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On 03/30/2014 05:41 PM, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Mar 2014 11:26:26 PM Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>>> I'm not the one making assertions about most users.
>>
>> I disagree. "Better to leave it bare and simple initially" seems like you
>> are  making assertions about most users.
>
> No, it means not predetermining the outcome, but seeing what user feedback
> provides.

Thank you Lindsay for fighting this fight ... while it's great to have
intelligent software, it's equally important to provide methods of
overriding its intelligence since `the field' is never quite like the `lab'

Cheers,

--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926         Blog:  http://pablo-blog.blueoakdb.com