List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Systems Settings - Desktop Search
From:       Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-03-30 21:16:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sun, 30 Mar 2014 03:44:34 PM Vishesh Handa wrote:
> It would be awesome if you could come up with some test cases where you're
> looking for a particular file, and the top result(s) is not the one you
> expected because of these "garbage" files.

Backups, Archives, Shared folder repositories - anything that could generate
search results obscuring the content you actually want searched.

My own /data list:

dl
export
images
lost+found
nfs
recovered
softlog
stuff
testing
VirtualBox
dws
Games
lindsay
Music
ovirt
recovered-types
Steam
Tax
Video
VM

Only the /Data/Lindsay/Documents path needs to be indexed, and a number of the
other paths *really* shouldn't be indexed.

Why are you so intent on telling us what we should be indexing? what is wrong
with giving the user choice?

--
Lindsay