List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Systems Settings - Desktop Search
From:       Vishesh Handa <me () vhanda ! in>
Date:       2014-03-30 13:44:34

On Sunday, March 30, 2014 04:53:50 PM Shantanu Tushar Jha wrote:
> Right now the other dirs contain almost everything else on my machine. If I
> index them, small images, short duration audio clips[*] get indexed and
> skew up my search results. At least in Plasma Media Center we're going to
> add an option to ignore images/audio/video below a certain
> dimension/duration, but searches in other apps like dolphin (milou?) etc
> will still have these "garbage" content that I don't want to show up.

My opinion is that we should be doing a good job returning the file you're
looking for when searching even if you have a lot of garbage.

It would be awesome if you could come up with some test cases where you're
looking for a particular file, and the top result(s) is not the one you
expected because of these "garbage" files.

--
Vishesh Handa