List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Some more baloo control questions
From:       Vishesh Handa <me () vhanda ! in>
Date:       2014-03-30 10:41:31

On Sunday, March 30, 2014 11:39:23 AM Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> 1. Is the baloo file index stored at: "~.kde/share/apps/baloo/file/" ?

It was until beta2, for beta3 it has been moved ~/.local/share/baloo/file/

> 2. Would deleting the above directory be sufficient to fore a reindex of my
> content?

No. You will need to tell it to reindex everything as well.

$ qdbus org.kde.baloo.file /indexer updateAllFolders false

> 3. Is there a way to control the baloo process so I can stop/start it? there
> does not appear to be a "nepomukctl" equivalent.

There is only one process called baloo_file. You can kill it and start it
manually.

> The reason for the above questions. All my content that was indexed prior to
> today is not longer findable by baloo. New content I create is, both by
> filename and content.

Yes. Because the default location changed between betas.

--
Vishesh Handa