List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Systems Settings - Desktop Search
From:       Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-03-30 0:12:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 05:28:16 PM Vishesh Handa wrote:
> > You're trying to engineer the baloo config to be automatic for everyone
> > and
> > it just can't be done.
> >

> > Better to leave it bare and simple initially, and see what happens in
> > userland. It might shake out quite differently to what you expect.

BTW, that is just my opinion of course, not fact. I should be more tactful in
that regard.

With regard to only showing the end leaf of a directory in the exclusion list
and the auto adding of paths, after reviewing your explanations of how it
works and your examples, it seems to me we've been viewing it from different
use cases.

I'm focussed on inclusions/exclusions of static local directories, whereas
your examples seem to be more concerned with the dynamic adding/removal of
external drives (USB etc).

I'm guessing your patterning it on something like the places panel in Dolphin
where drives will appear/disappear dynamically. In that context it makes send
to only display the last leaf, though I think what Dolphin actually shows is
the volume name.

cheers,

--
Lindsay