List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Systems Settings - Desktop Search
From:       Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-03-29 2:47:46

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

KDE 4.12.95 (Kubuntu 14.04 Beta 2)

Is there work planned for this? because as is, its quite confusing and appears
to be missing crucial settings.

All I'm seeing is a "Do not search in these locations' list of folder leaves.

- For a start off, only listing the last section of the directory name will
not do. People will have many folders all ending with the same leaf and its
impossible to tell them apart with this.

- A simple black list will not do. I need a white list - the ability to
specify disjoint folders for indexing, not the other way around. And I'm sure
the majority of people will be the same.

The old config allowed us to specify directories to index via a checklist
tree, that worked really well.

Some status info would be really useful to - number of files indexed etc.

thanks,

--
Lindsay