List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Missing application icons of many KDE apps on MacPorts/OSX
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2014-03-24 20:37:48

Ian Wadham ha scritto:
> On 25/03/2014, at 6:06 AM, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>>>
>>> Linux (at least) tool:
>>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/icns/
>>

>> If you are on Mac want to create icns files using existing images you can look at makeicns:
>> https://bitbucket.org/mkae/makeicns/overview
>>
>> The MacPorts package:
>> https://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=name&substr=makeicns
>> http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/graphics/makeicns
>>
>> $ port info makeicns
>
> Thanks, Thomas and Bradley.  I was looking for something that would
> let me see what is inside a .icns file, but I have found Apple's Preview
> viewer-app will do that.  Its Inspector tool gives icon dimensions, etc.

Just a quick note from the Frameworks development: one month ago a new tool
which produces icns images has been added to the kiconthemes framework; it
seems to be a wrapper around 'iconutil'. I add into CC the developer who
implemented it, maybe he can help (sorry for the noise :)

https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/115982/

Ciao
--
Luigi