Hi Marko and Thomas,

I have been pursuing a different line of enquiry on this problem.

Firstly, I am finding exactly the same, on Apple OS X, as Marko.  Some KDE apps
are installed with icons that appear on the Apple desktop and in the Apple file
tree for applications: others get just a generic (Apple-related) icon.

Without exception, AFAIK, all the KDE Games (there are about 40 of them) have
icons that work fine in the Apple OS X environment.  And also, AFAIK, all the
games have essentially the same simple icon-installation strategy (they were
mostly drawn by the same artist).  Each game's source contains files
hiNN-app-<name>.png, where NN = 16, 22, 32, 48, 64 and 128 and the
CMakeLists.txt files contain
kde4_add_app_icon(<name>_SRCS  "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/hi*-app-<name>.png")
kde4_install_icons( ${ICON_INSTALL_DIR} )