List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Missing application icons of many KDE apps on MacPorts/OSX
From:       Ian Wadham <iandw.au () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-03-23 23:41:12

Hi Thomas and Marko,

I guess I am like the old cow's tail: always running along behind … :-)
Sunday was my final birthday party, actually a triple celebration: my second
son, my daughter and I all have birthdays in the same week.

I had a look at the missing icons issue, but was too tired to post earlier.

On 23/03/2014, at 11:00 PM, mk-lists@email.de wrote:

> On 23 Mar 2014, at 12:09 , Thomas Lübking <thomas.luebking@gmail.com> wrote:
> > kdevelop/app/CMakeLists.txt *does* have
> > kde4_add_app_icon(kdevelop_bin_SRCS \
> > "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/../pics/hi*-app-kdevelop.png”)
> Yep, thanks for pointing that out. I forgot option ‘-i’ in my find command call. \
> :-(

I notice there are TWO kde4_add_app_icon() macro refs in that CMakeLists.txt.  The \
other one has no "_bin" in it … seems odd ...

Also there is no kde4_install_icons() there, but I found one in \
kdevelop/pics/CMakeLists.txt.

> > just as your KDE4_ADD_APP_ICON should likely in the pics subdir, as kdevelop_SRCS \
> > isn't definedanywhere)
> It must have worked to some degree, since the ICNS file contained the image with \
> size 128 pixels. Well, although the big icon now exists in there the app still \
> doesn’t show the wanted icon in the doc - as KMyMoney does. Something’s still \
> missing.

In the (master) repository for develop/pics at:
https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/kdevelop/kdevelop/repository/revisions/master/show/pics
 I see hiNN-app-kdevelop.png, but only for NN = 16, 32 and 48.  So where did you get \
a 128 icon from, Marko?  Did you make your own?

And, Marko, can you point me to something that will crack one of Apple's ICNS files? \
e.g.  a) list the contents, icon sizes, etc.
     b) display the icons.
That bit of Appletech is new to me …

Cheers, Ian W.