List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Launch Bug Report Wizard failing on Apple OS X (was "ksycoca4")
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-03-23 18:18:43

On Sonntag, 23. März 2014 16:31:42 CEST, mk-lists@email.de wrote:

> > kwriteconfig --group General --key BrowserApplication '!safari'
> If I specify the full path to Safari and start kioclient it
> will SPAWN AN ENDLESS AMOUNT of Safaris (at a rate of ~2/s)

Interesting. I got a similar bug[1] report because of spawning dolphins in a \
different context (but it doesn't happen here in either case)

The major difference i could tell is that the config entry is marked expandable when \
written by the component chooser - unfortunately there seems no way to do this with \
kwriteconfig. If KDE on MacOS also uses ~/.kde/share/config for configuration (or any \
other ini style config you can locate - "kde4-config --path config"), you could try \
to edit "~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals" directly. Locate the [General] group, find \
the BrowserApplication key and make it

BrowserApplication[$e]=!safari

Another idea would be that OSX doesn't like the "!" prefix (no idea why \
componentchooser writes it - here. Works fine w/o as well)

Because of the linked bug, i'd be pretty interested in *why* \
safari/konqueror/whatever spawns endlessy.

> Hmmmm… Didn't look into that now, but one could simply use the
> kwriteconfig line of yours once after kdelibs installation.
You'd have to write it globally in order to affect every user (and not just root)

Cheers,
Thomas

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/be-shell/tickets/21/