On 3/16/14, Kevin Krammer wrote: > On Sunday, 2014-03-16, 00:16:45, Lydia Pintscher wrote: >> On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Ganesh Kumar >> wrote: >> > Hi. >> > This is Ganesh P Kumar, doing my B.Tech in Computer Science and >> > Engineering >> > in IIT Madras. As part of our curriculum we must contribute code to an >> > open >> > source project. There is a deadline of 40 days for the project >> > submission. >> > Given this small deadline, I would like to ask for suggestions from the >> > KDE >> > Developer group about what would be a viable project during this time. >> > We >> > are ok with working either with the KDE UI as such, or with any KDE >> > subproject. >> > Also, I would like to add that none of us have any dev experience in >> > KDE >> > before. >> >> Would a project to fix several small little issues be viable? Then you >> could maybe work with the designers/usability team and help them out a >> bit. 40 days is really not much. > > One other thing that came to my mind is development of examples for > Frameworks > 5, see [1] and [2]. > > Only a couple of the frameworks seem to have an examples subdirectory. > I think it would be both a valuable and self-contain contribution to make > sure > that as many frameworks as possible have good example programs. > > Maybe even having tutorials on techbase.kde.org explaining the steps that > were > necessary to create the examples. > > CCing the frameworks development list. > > Cheers, > Kevin > > [1] https://dot.kde.org/2014/03/04/kde-frameworks-5-alpha-two-out > [2] http://community.kde.org/Frameworks > -- > Kevin Krammer, KDE developer, xdg-utils developer > KDE user support, developer mentoring > Hi Kevin, I can write some examples as I have some time & want to contribute. However, I will need some guidance. I found a examples directory in karchive. Is that what is required? Can someone please suggest a framework which is simple & with which I can start creating examples? -- Harsh Kumar harshkumar.in >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<