List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: meinproc4 on Mac, KLocale (was Re: What to test for 4.13?)
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2014-03-18 22:15:38

mk-lists@email.de wrote:
> Hi Luigi,
> =

> On 18 Mar 2014, at 14:33 , Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano@tiscali.it> wrote:
>> I wonder why it happens only here and not in other applications; the cra=
sh is =

>> in a innocent call to KGlobal. Do you know about similar crashes/stacktr=
aces =

>> in other applications?
> =

> I don=92t know whether this stack trace is representative, but the only o=
ne to start from.
> As pointed out this meinproc4 error always occurred only sporadically and=
 unpredictably... :-(

Ok: I've seen the other message, but then I would start from this and make
sure that the stacktrace is the correct one.

Could you (or any other Mac user/developer) please try to
- recompile kdelibs with debug symbols
- run meinproc4 on any document using the debugger, to get a complete backt=
race

I guess that MacOSX uses lldb instead of gdb nowadays: I found this
http://lldb.llvm.org/tutorial.html
I shouldn't be too difficult, just run meinproc4 through the debugger with =
the
specified docbook (any docbook provided by KDE software) with lldb until it
crashes, and from its shell execute:
 (lldb) thread backtrace all

This is important to understand if the issue is really that one.

Ciao
-- =

Luigi