List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: meinproc4 on Mac, KLocale (was Re: What to test for 4.13?)
From:       mk-lists () email ! de
Date:       2014-03-18 20:24:18

Hi Luigi,

On 18 Mar 2014, at 14:33 , Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano@tiscali.it> wrote:
> I wonder why it happens only here and not in other applications; the cras=
h is =

> in a innocent call to KGlobal. Do you know about similar crashes/stacktra=
ces =

> in other applications?

I don=92t know whether this stack trace is representative, but the only one=
 to start from.
As pointed out this meinproc4 error always occurred only sporadically and u=
npredictably... :-(

> I would really need some help from a real Mac programmer to find why that =

> snippet of code is crashing. Let's see if I can extract that code in simp=
le =

> test program (any help or volunteer is appreciated), but I would need som=
e Mac =

> around to test it.

Luigi, if you can put or suggest a minimal test program it would be helpful.
One could use SVN access to your folder at KDE=92s server, BitBucket via Me=
rcurial or GitHub, whatever you like, to share the code.
I am ready to support you if you need someone to build stuff on MacOSX.
I am not a Mac developer though, but do have some experience building and t=
esting apps on Linux and Mac.

> For sure it needs to be fixed, the downstream solution of removing =

> documentation is non-solution.

No, it is certainly not.
When I installed KDevelop [1] I realised already that tons of documentation=
 is missing in its man page browser, although it would be very helpful, lik=
e all the KDE stuff. ;-) Luckily the great KDevelop code reader show a lot =
of things already.

Greets,
Marko

[1] http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kdevelop/2014-March/018250.html