List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDevelop on Apple OS X
From:       mk-lists () email ! de
Date:       2014-03-17 7:44:11

Hi Ian,

On 17 Mar 2014, at 01:20 , Ian Wadham <iandw.au@gmail.com> wrote:
> Alexander Dymo (adymo) is one of two former KDE developers now working on=
 Homebrew.
> And he was one of the original developers of KDevelop.  I remember him fr=
om back then.
> Do you fancy some "bridge building", Marko?

I=92ll will contact the KDevelop-Devel ML, as Aleix suggested. :) He=92s su=
rely listen in over there, I hope.

> Please persevere with with your efforts on getting KDevelop going on MacP=
orts, Marko.  It

I=92ll definitely do so, since I was surprised to see that KDevelop already=
 seems to be comparable to Qt-Creator these days. :-D

> contains one of the finest code-readers around, AFAIK the best in the wor=
ld.  I have used
> it on Linux to gain an understanding of many a line of difficult C++ code=
.  Indispensable.

If you say code-readers you mean that it gives you all those useful class d=
efinitions including documentation?
Yes, I have to say that was impressive to see, since at least all the Qt cl=
asses where heavily referenced right from the start.
Funnily enough only the KDE classes where NOT FOUND by KDevelop. I needed t=
o specify their location manually, but that it worked seamlessly! :)
So, I figure this is something which could be added already at install time=
, so that KDevelop does know about KDE right away.
This must be possible, since it does work for Qt.

OK, I am moving my discussion to kdevelop-devel herewith. Will come to it e=
arliest tomorrow.

Greets,
Marko