List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: What to test for 4.13?
From:       mk-lists () email ! de
Date:       2014-03-16 13:20:45

Hi Kevin,

> > Hmm, it does apply also to KDE software, since it may use a library which
> > isn’t permitting binary-only distribution.
> I find this hard to believe. That would mean this is a KDE application that is
> not available on Linux distributions.

hmmm, well, I remember there was some discussions a while ago concerning those \
license issues… MacPort’s infrastructure checks whether the license settings defined \
permit the distribution. I’ll check these issue and post the information I can find \
here. (Just now also Luigi asked for it.)

> I have no clue about that either but my naive approach would have been to
> check the build input files for Windows branches and check if the deviation is
> something compiler specific (or similar like paths), or non-X11 platform
> stuff.

Well, I guess it’s worth exploring those dependencies to check where code is pulled \
in which is not really needed for KDE with a qt4-mac-based Qt installation.

> > And thanks to the buildbots the MacPorts infrastructure can make sure that a
> > a new version of any committed portfile will always be build immediately
> > and thus explicitly verify for all four supported versions of MacOSX that
> > the port binaries can be build just fine. THAT is very close to CI, isn’t
> > it?!
> Are the build results published somewhere? A website or mailinglist one can
> subscribe to?

Yes, the buildbots (see e.g. [1]) keep all the logs, so that each port maintainer can \
figure out what went wrong on which buildbot.

Let’s take [2] as an example where I had committed a new version of the port for \
AqBanking version 5.

The waterfall graph [3] (scroll down to 14:46:03) shows that only one of the four \
buildbots (Snow Leopard) was a able to successfully build the port. Its orange \
compile stage even gives you a list of warnings and errors during the build.

The other three failing buildbots turn out to have trouble due to SVN:
---
svn: OPTIONS of 'https://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/contrib/mpab': Server \
certificate verification failed: issuer is not trusted (https://svn.macports.org) —
which was due to maintenance work being carried out at the time of the commit.

OK, that’s all regarding CI on MacPorts for now.
Will try to find the information concerning the licenses now.

Greets,
Marko

[1] https://build.macports.org/buildslaves
[2] https://build.macports.org/changes/34958