List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: What to test for 4.13?
From:       Frank Reininghaus <frank78ac () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2014-03-15 16:30:25

Hi,

> So, e.g. KDE is at version 4.12.2!!! (My SuSE's were never as current as MacPorts \
> has been in years.) And, I want to underline that the building of almost all KDE4 \
> ports seems to have been going flawless in the last while. Which is amazing, given \
> there are almost no KDE core developers on MacOSX.
> ===>>> So, stating "we should seriously consider dropping MacOS support IMHO, to \
> prevent further discredit being done to KDE" is doing neither side any good! :-) \
> Quite the opposite - I think the fact that KDE is still alive on MacPorts is an \
> amazing example of what Open Source can achieve and that should be cherished and \
> praised - which is what I do herewith. :-)

I apologize for making this statement then. It was done in response to
a message which described at least some parts of KDE on Mac as
severely broken, said that Mac users use 4-letter words when talking
about KDE, and specifically mentioned the application that I work on
and care about in the "This sort of thing does discredit to KDE"
context (the latter was the reason why I responded to the message at
all).

It's good to know that the situation is not as bad as it seemed.
Thanks for your message that clarified this.

Regards,
Frank