Hello Jos, Ben, Kevin and Frank, I would like to clear the air a little. I am seriously interested in this problem of running KDE apps on Apple Mac OS X and would like to do something to solve it, but I am going to need help and advice on the internals of KDE --- or an up-to-date set of design and architecture documentation =85 :-) First, to Jos Poortvliet: please accept my apologies for causing all this noise on your thread. I will start another thread. To Kevin Krammer and Frank Reininghaus: Please can you give me help and advice? See my new thread: "Running KDE apps on Apple OS X", where I attempt to define the problem better. To Ben Cooksley: I have the deepest respect for Sysadmin and what you do, but I do not think Continuous Integration is an issue in this case. Bugs that occur in KDE apps in an Apple environment also tend to occur in a Linux environment and vice versa, otherwise I could not fix bugs on Apple OS X that are reported in other O/S's. Bugs that occur in KDE apps and KDE libraries and are specific to an Apple environment are rather rare and can be handled in the usual ways via bugzilla. I am chiefly concerned about *integration* issues between certain KDE apps and the KDE desktop --- which of course is not present when you are running Apple OS X. I believe that, once they are fixed, these issues will stay fixed until there is some major re-design of KDE or Apple OS X. I base that opinion on direct experience with UNIX, other O/S's and desktops, at the sysadmin and maintenance level, before I retired from the workforce. I was rather hoping that KDE, as an organisation (or KDE ev), could simply purchase a couple of Apple MacBooks and loan them to anyone who might be willing to check up on this stuff as part of a KDE release. It is quite nice hardware, even if it does bundle its operating system =85 :-) But if that is not possible, I will do my (limited) best on my own Apple MacBook Pro machine. I am not a core KDE developer. All the best, Ian W. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscrib= e <<