List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Re: How to make KDEUI dialogs and messages go on top?
From:       Martin =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gr=E4=DFlin?= <mgraesslin () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-03-03 7:12:58

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 28 February 2014 17:42:10 Roney Gomes wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 7:46 AM, Thomas Lübking
>
> <thomas.luebking@gmail.com> wrote:
> > you can pass them a parent, Tool flag (includes the Window flag) will turn
> > them into toplevel windows.
>
> You'll probably have to exclude the Qt::WindowStaysOnTopHint when
> passing a parent to a window with Qt::Tool enabled, since it will give
> you the same behavior you have now.

The problem was the WindowStaysOnTop hint - applications should not use it, in
most cases it just means that the wrong flags are used. WindowStaysOnTop tells
the WM to put the window in the keep above layer while all other windows of
the application are in the normal layer.

So to everybody running in such problems: feel free to post your usecase and
we can help to give you the correct way.

Cheers
Martin