List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: AppArmor question
From:       Christoph Feck <christoph () maxiom ! de>
Date:       2014-01-27 21:42:34

On Monday 27 January 2014 11:10:38 Tomáš Bažant wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have a AppArmor related question: if you look at page
> https://www.suse.com/documentation/sles11/book_security/data/sec_ap
> parm_support_trouble.htmlthere is a section called 'How to Confine
> KDE Applications with AppArmor?'
>
> Can somebody confirm that the information there is still valid?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Try Ctrl+Esc, and select "All Processes, Tree" in the combo box. You
will see that many processes (such as kwin, ksmserver, konqueror,
dolphin, kio slaves etc.) have "kdeinit4" as parent process to save
memory and startup time due to reduced relocations. Some others, such
as klipper, konsole, etc. do not.

If AppArmor still only supports processes that have "systemd" (or
"init" as the parent process), then yes, the information there is
still valid.

Christoph Feck (kdepepo)