List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Nepomuk in 4.13 and beyond
From:       François_K. <daitheflu () free ! fr>
Date:       2013-12-19 17:35:50

Hi,

----- Mail original -----

According to Wikipedia :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_Attributes

But, yes, clearly, I don't know if those FS **properly** handle xattrs. We should \
probably get some input from an FS expert before seriously considering this option. \
This was just an idea that I found interesting. We have this thing that exists for \
quite some time now and I thought it would be easier to just benefit from it instead \
of re-inventing the wheel :)

Also note that this would also mean that we need a >=2.6-with-xattr-enabled-Kernel.

It's always the same issue : where do we want to place the cursor between "supporting \
old technologies" and "stepping into the future" ?

Cheers,

--
François