List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Nepomuk in 4.13 and beyond
From:       Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-12-17 13:12:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 10:22:32 AM Ignacio Serantes wrote:
> I'm not requesting this features now but I think this must be necessary in
> the future and this is the right moment to develop thinking in the future.
> If not when we need this kind of features Baloo will be in a dead end like
> with Nepomuk.

I'm failing to see how sharing your music meta data with multiple users fits
with the design goal of a simple and fast low level  personal meta data db.

What you want would seem to be better implemented at a higher level.

Remember Plasma Widgets shared over the network? I'm pretty sure most users
don't and they were PITA before they were quietly dropped.
--
Lindsay