List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kaffeine's future
From:       Stefan =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Br=FCns?= <stefan.bruens () rwth-aachen ! de>
Date:       2013-12-14 15:48:46

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 14 December 2013 14:10:40 Christoph Pfister wrote:

> Why not? There is a separation between dvb / ui / playback / ... in
> the Kaffeine sources, so it should be doable. But such a merge is
> still nontrivial and will need adaptations on both sides (time
> shifting and configuration stuff comes to my mind). And of course you
> should have the equipment to test the code ... Just to be clear what
> we are talking about: for example a satellite dish + something like
> [1].
>
> [1] http://www.satboy.com/bilder/produkte/gross/100172_b2.png

To get an overview of linux supported devices you should visit
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hardware_Device_Information

According to http://www.dvb.org/news/worldwide in India DVB-T is rolled out,
so e.g. the PCTV 290e USB stick should work. I don't know if you can find DVB-
C (Digital Video Broadcast / Cable) or DVB-S (/Satellite).

For VDR or live TV, all DVB-T/C/S/T2/C2/S2 are very similar. You need
country/cable company/satellite specific channel tables, but then you get an
MPEG2 transport stream, containing video as either mpeg2 or h.264 (and hevc in
future).

Kind regards,

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Bergstraße 21  /  52062 Aachen
phone: +49 241 53809034     mobile: +49 151 50412019