List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: X-KDE-PluginInfo-EnabledByDefault doesn't work?
From:       Kai Uwe Broulik <kde () privat ! broulik ! de>
Date:       2013-12-03 16:43:26

Hi,

Problem with all of this is that most distributions provide their own default layout \
which hardly gets updated and so new stuff like print manager, apper, screen, ktp, \
etc are often not on by default. Especially new apper has no way of adding its \
plasmoid since it is usually not installed by default and thus not respected in the \
default layout. So either the enabled by default should be made the way to go or \
really raise awareness of this issue downstream... (and/or provide other means of \
applications adding themselves to the systray)

Just my few cents,
Kai Uwe