List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: File with valid license but reported as "UNKNOWN"
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-10-26 10:12:18

El Divendres, 25 d'octubre de 2013, a les 20:42:18, Albert Astals Cid va
escriure:
> El Dijous, 24 d'octubre de 2013, a les 17:41:08, Ben Cooksley va escriure:
> > On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 11:52 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid@kde.org> wrote:
> > > Hmmm, anyone knows where the license checker lives?
> >
> > Hi Albert,
> >
> > The license checker lives as part of our Git hooks, in
> > kde:repo-management.
> > This code was a simple port of our Subversion hooks - so it is quite
> > possible a behaviour change / regression slipped in during this process.
>
> The weird thing is that it complained about spectacorplayer_gui.h and not
> about spectacorplayer_gui.cpp that seem to me that they have the same header
> > .S
> >
> > > It's complaining about players/spectatorplayer_gui.h in konquest having
> > > an
> > > invalid license when it seems quite ok to me.
> >
> > Looks like we might need to adjust our regexes then I guess.
> > They can be found from line 820 onwards of hooks/hooklib.py in
> > repo-management.
>
> Is there an easy way to run the hook over a local file? I had a look and
> could not figure out how to do it.

So had a talk with Ben over IRC and the result is

if you have a clone of repo-management handy
cd into hooks/
then run "python -i"
in the python interpreter:

  from hooklib import Repository, Commit, CommitAuditor, CommitNotifier,
MessageBuilder, CommitChecker, CiaNotifier, RepoType, ChangeType, RefType,
defaultdict                                                                           \
  checker = CommitChecker()                                                           \
  fileData = open('/home/kdeunstable/konquest/players/spectatorplayer_gui.h',
'r').read()
  checker._commit_notes = defaultdict(list)
  checker.check_commit_license('anything', fileData)
  checker._commit_notes
     defaultdict(<type 'list'>, {'anything': ['    [License: GPL (v2+)]']})

So well, don't know what happened in the commit but it seems like it's
detecting the license just fine now, so let's pretend it did always work :D

Cheers,
  Albert