List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Network Applet
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-10-19 15:21:25

On Friday, October 18, 2013 08:27:52 Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 11:56:16 PM Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > What information are you missing? I assume you saw the extra information
> > you  get when clicking on the active connection and the wrench?
>
> The old one had a bandwidth and categorised status display visible
> immediately on clicking. A straight list of connections is less useful.

currently the information is available on click only. for most people this
will be a nice improvement as it provides the functionality, but doesn't force
it upon the user.

clicking on the connection opens it and if you close and open the popup, it
stays open. so this is good.

some improvements might include:

* allow more than one connection to be expanded at a time
* remember which connections are expanded between restarts and network re-
connects (so if you disconnect from and then reconnect to a wifi AP which you
had expanded to show more info, on disconnect it would collapse and on connect
it would automatically expand again)

that way if you wish to see the connection information you only need to click
once. ever.

thoughts?

--
Aaron J. Seigo