Hello Gaurav,

Wellcome to KDE Development.

In KDE you will find many projects to which you can contribute. Just pick one that interests you the most.

You should start by fixing some bugs http://bugs.kde.org. Look for junior jobs at first.

https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?keywords=junior-jobs&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&list_id=758623

Choose a project that you like and want to improve and fix some bugs on that. Then submit the patches to the review board: https://git.reviewboard.kde.org

Also on IRC #kde and #kde-devel is a good place to ask questions. The project you choose might also have it's own IRC channel.

I hope this will be helpfull.

--

Ovidiu-Florin Bogdan

GeekAliens.com