List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Acquiring Google Mock libraries for tests
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-10-01 23:15:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On quarta-feira, 2 de outubro de 2013 00:41:25, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > I was having a hard time searching for examples of Google Mock usage on
> > projects.kde.org, so my question is: how do other KDE projects deal with
> > acquiring Google Mock?
>
> What is Google Mock and what's the deal about it? Your email describe a
> concrete issue, without giving a problem description. For me, it's hard to
> make sense of it, not knowing Google Mock. I understand you're talking about
> a  general problem with "precompiled libraries"? Another example is
> libspotify, if I understand correctly?

Answering in the generic:

if a KDE project X depends on a feature Y, said feature might be:

a) mandatory, in which case the user or the distro packager will need to
install / provide feature Y before X will build

b) optional, in which case the user or packager will be told of the missing
dependency and possibly reduced feature set in X, but the build will continue.

So it's really up to you to decide. Is this dependency really important? If
you can't do without, then distros will have to provide it.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358