List:       kde-devel
Subject:    K_EXPORT_PLUGIN & KAboutData in .cpp vs .desktop / KPluginInfo
From:       Milian Wolff <mail () milianw ! de>
Date:       2013-09-26 20:08:32

Hey all,

why do we have to set much redundant information in .cpp/KAboutData which is
already somewhat defined by the KPluginInfo i.e. .desktop file?

Point in case: KPluginSelector e.g. shows the Comment entry of the .desktop
file. If thats too long its elided and if I go to the about dialog, I only see
the text from the KAboutData which often is not the same...

So, is there any way (maybe for KF5) to reduce the maintenance effort here?
Grab most info from the .desktop file and only make it possible to overwrite
stuff if required via KAboutData?

Cheers
--
Milian Wolff