List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Kde 4.11.1 can not find mime data
From:       Magnus Larsson <k.magnus.larsson () tele2 ! se>
Date:       2013-09-15 22:40:23

Dear kde-devel@kde.org

Kde 4.11.1 can not find mime data when staring session using kdm,

I have Xorg-7.7 server and QT-4.85 on a LinuxFromScratch (lfs) system.
Both the xserver and qt work well.

uname -a
Linux lfs 3.10.1 #6 SMP Sat Sep 14 18:20:45 CEST 2013 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I want a running kde4 code base. I have built a basic kde4 system using
the blfs build instructions
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/kde/kde.html.

I fulfil the prerequisites and I can cmake, make and make install KDE4
source without problem.

Problem:
When I execute /opt/kde/bin/kdm and log in to start a kde4 session I get
a couple of pop up window stating:
-Error Run Command Interface
Could not find mime types:
"inode/directory"
"inode/blockdevice"
"inode/chardevice"
"inode/socket"
"inode/fifo"
"application/x-shellscript"
"application/x-executable"
"application/x-desktop"

"Could not find mime type application/octet-stream"

The desktop is started, but any application will (file manager or web
browser) will complain in the same way (as above) with the errors listed.

The .xsession-errors file can be found below. (I kill kdm process
manually by command at the end).
http://filebin.net/qeavbvy53g/xsession-errors.txt.
There is an entry about mimeType "inode/directory" not found.

cat .xsession-errors | grep mime
plasma-desktop(3594)/kdecore (trader) mimeTypeSycocaOffers:
KMimeTypeTrader: mimeType "inode/directory" not found
akonadi.collectionmimetyperelation                 OK
akonadi.mimetypetable                              OK
krunner(3653) KMimeTypePrivate::ensureXmlDataLoaded:
("/home/magnus/.local/share/mime/", "/opt/kde/share/mime/")
dolphin(3751) KMimeTypePrivate::ensureXmlDataLoaded:
("/home/magnus/.local/share/mime/", "/opt/kde/share/mime/")
dolphin(3776) KMimeTypePrivate::ensureXmlDataLoaded:
("/home/magnus/.local/share/mime/", "/opt/kde/share/mime/")

I have tried kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental, from outside kde, but it
does not help.
kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental
kbuildsycoca4 running...
kbuildsycoca4(3799)/kdecore (services) KServicePrivate::init: The
desktop entry file  "unnamed.desktop"  has Type= "Link"  instead of
"Application" or "Service"
kbuildsycoca4(3799) KBuildServiceFactory::createEntry: Invalid Service :
 "unnamed.desktop"

I have share-mime-info-1.1 installed,

env | grep XDG
XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=/etc/kde/xdg
XDG_DATA_DIRS=/opt/kde/share

There must be something fundamental I have missed. I have the code and I
can reconfigure and rebuild if needed, but so far nothing helps. Is
there an error in a configuration file or a shell variable?

Please advice. Thank you.

Best regards,

Magnus Larsson