List:       kde-devel
Subject:    What action will be taken when user chooses to shutdown from menu / widget?
From:       Franklin Weng <franklin () goodhorse ! idv ! tw>
Date:       2013-09-11 10:27:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi list,

We encountered a very strange problem: when a user shut down his machine
from menu, or from lock/logout widget, all the items in his wine menu will
be executed once, then shut down.  It could be shut down successfully, but
took a long time running over wine menu items.

If he used konsole to type "halt", or he just logged out but not shut down
his machine, the system would not have such behavior.  It  looks like that
something happened between logging out and actually shutting down.

Therefore, in order to find out why, we'd like to know what actions will be
taken when a user shuts down from menu.  Could anyone please give me some
hints?  I've searched in techbase but didn't have any pages describe
logout/shutdown behavior.

Thanks,
Franklin