List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: QWidget or QML
From:       Weng Xuetian <wengxt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-07-03 16:51:45

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 24 June 2013 13:30:21 Wolfgang Mader Wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> this is a general question for which I need example applications which
> happen to be Dolphin and KDevelop. Since I have not talked to the
> respective maintainers, I want to make clear that I do not plan to step on
> any ones toes, they just serve as an example. (Please let me know if you do
> not want to read such a long prologue again.)
>
> If I touch or create a widget, e.g. the Drag&Drop widget (move, copy, ...)
> of Dolphin, or the About Dialog used e.g. for KDevelop plugins, is it
> recommended to port/create to/in QML?
>
> Thanks,
> Wolfgang

> >> <<
I can't stand for KDevelop/dolphin developer, but QML cannot replace QWidget
before Qt 5.1 (There is some progress about more complete set of QML library
in desktop field in Qt 5.1, there might be a chance about using QML everywhere
in the future.). And we're still on the track of Qt 4.

Regards,
Xuetian Weng