List:       kde-devel
Subject:    [GSoC] KMix2 and SoundMenu sounds GREAT!
From:       Antonio_Ramírez <morgulero () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-04-15 18:38:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello!

     My name is Antonio Ramirez and I am a student of Computer
Engineering in the ETSIIT (Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingeniería
Informática y Telecomunicaciones), Granada, Spain. I want to participate
in GSoC this year, I have read the page of proposed projects and I love
that of KMix2 and SoundMenu. I have experience with Qt and C + + (I'm
private tutor of Qt and I've got some code at gitorious.org, mainly a
meetings and events management program, although it is in Spanish and
there is some chaos in the organization of the branches-
https://gitorious.org/acolito/myacolito -), but I've never done nothing
like this (I've changed the look and feel of widgets using stylesheets
and rewriting the paint () method, but not to introduce a widget into a
contextual menu!) ... I'd like to get in touch with someone who could
guide me on this, like Trever Fischer (he is the project's mentor on the
KDE projects page), specially on the architecture of KMix2 and GSoC's
application process; any other advices (i.e, setting up the development
environment, tutorials, fallpits to avoid, etc) would be great, too! :D

Cheers!