List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Freedesktop Summit
From:       Ian Monroe <ian () monroe ! nu>
Date:       2013-04-08 23:16:34

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 6:38 AM, =C0lex Fiestas <afiestas@kde.org> wrote:
> It is NOT a sprint to talk about freedesktop state but rather to focus on
> technical bits.

Probably for the best. :)
I guess the elephant in the room will be Unity which appears unrepresented.=
..

> Each desktop is adding topics to be discussed, you can find the list here:
>
> https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:2013_Desktop_Summit#Agenda
>
> If you want to add any point to the agenda mention it in this thread and I
> will add it.

With my "ISV" hat on, I added an item for annoyance to me. Gnome Shell
adds a "Quit Application" item to what it calls the application menu.
However this doesn't actually quit the application, it just closes the
window! I actually have to add special code to handle this. And of
course it would be nice if I could add my own items to this
application menu, but gtk considers the dbus api it uses to be a
private implementation detail.

Ian