List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Want to contribute to KDE
From:       Roshan Kumar <roshan.techie48 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-03-21 13:21:11

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello,

I am been using KDE for last 4 years. And meanwhile I came to know about
many useful tools on KDE.

Though I haven't developed anything or worked on its source code, but I
want to start contributing to KDE.

I have expertise in C, C++ and Shell Scripting. I have basic working
knowledge of Java and Python also. I have created GUI for several projects
with QT as well. I think my all these skills will help me a lot while
working on the projects.

If there is any project which I can work upon or any bug which I can solve,
please let me know.

Following are the projects which I have worked upon till today:

1. Linux Remote Server Monitoring Tool using PHP and Shell Scripting - A
web application through which we can monitor the cpu/memory status of many
servers at a time.

2. Dynamic Hand Gesture Recogition using OpenCV - It recognizes the hand
gestures to do several tasks on the system.

3. Comparison of various soft computing approaches using for face
recognition like PCA, LDA, ANN, SVM, Baysian Networks

4. Interactive Spoken Dialogue System using CMU Sphinx Speech Engine - It
is a chatterbot which takes input in the form of human voice and replies
again with the human voice.

5. Diagram Based Plagiarism Check - Plagiarism Check using comparison of
the flow diagrams.

6. Automated UI Testing workflow for an Android Application using Robotium

7. Automatic Targeting System using OpenCV - It can spot and hold the
target while system being in very high speed.

and several other tools using java like Online Election System, Lost
Letters and Articles Reconciliation System etc.

Eagerly waiting for your response.

Cheers,
Roshan Kumar
Student, B.Tech ( IT )