List:       kde-devel
Subject:    No icons on desktop
From:       Guillaume Dargaud <dargaud () lpsc ! in2p3 ! fr>
Date:       2013-03-01 15:12:31

Hello all,
sorry if this is only a user question, not a devel one.
I just setup a new PC with KDE 4.6.2 and I cannot put any icons on the
desktop: I've placed some file.desktop in ~/Desktop/ but they don't show.
I normally know two ways:
- right-click on desktop, [Desktop settings], then change [Layout] to
[Folder view] but here "Desktop" is the only option.
- right-click on desktop, [Add widget] and choose [Folder view] but here
this option is not present.

Is something missing from my kde install ?
--
Guillaume Dargaud
http://www.gdargaud.net/